Relaxation and easy breathing through salt therapy…
What is Salt Therapy?
Although a relatively new concept in Australia, salt rooms have been used throughout Europe for decades. Known as ‘halotherapy’ (‘halos’ meaning salt in Greek), salt rooms offer a natural, non-invasive, drug free, and clinically proven treatment modality for people suffering from skin and respiratory conditions.
The term ‘halotherapy’ refers to the therapeutic use of salt in rooms known as ‘halochambers’. Halochambers are man-made rooms designed to mimic the environment of natural salt mines deep in the earth’s crust.
Benefits of Salt Therapy
The benefits of salt therapy are numerous and it can be effective in the following situations:
- General health and wellbeing: Strengthens immune system; decreases stress and thus improves mood; detoxifying; provides 84 minerals essential to health.
- Improving sports performance: Increases lung capacity for greater athletic performance.
- Providing respiratory relief: Helps to decrease mucous congestion; is anti-inflammatory; antihistamine; antibacterial – all allowing for easier, more comfortable breathing.
- Treating skin conditions: Provides an abundance of minerals necessary for skin health, and acts as a natural anti-inflammatory to decrease skin irritation, infection and inflammation.
- Relief for pregnant women: Natural, drug free & clinically proven way to treat skin and respiratory / lung problems.
What to expect at Saltuary
At Saltuary in Five Dock, we have a beautiful hand built Himalayan salt room to relax and enjoy your salt therapy experience. Our salt room provides you with a clean and beautifully ambient atmosphere to relax in as you begin to regain and rebalance your health. We proudly built our room using 100% natural building materials wherever we could.
Our room is rich in negative ions to benefit your health even further and it’s always kept at a very comfortable temperature. Blankets are also provided for those what want them. A state of the art halogenerator disperses finely ground salt throughout the room’s air. You may experience a minute salty taste on your lips whilst in the room, but apart from that, you won’t really see much as the particles are so small.
Join the hundreds of people who have enjoyed and received the benefits of salt therapy at Saltuary....