A wholistic approach to your wellbeing, awakening the wisdom of your body to heal and rebalance itself...
Our Naturopathic services offer support, guidance and education so that you can experience and enjoy true health and conscious wellbeing in your life.
Tiina Hogg, the founder of Saltuary, is a passionate and highly skilled, intuitive Naturopath. Her treatments are based on a deep understanding of you as a person and are always constructed individually from this base.
Tiina begins her treatments by getting to know you and understanding your story deeply and well. She utilises her training with the Institute of Functional Medicine and her Naturopathic studies, to construct a time line of your entire history, taking the time to truly understand and uncover the root causes of what has led to your health concerns today - quite often, they're not what you'd expect them to be either! Blending together the wisdom of the ages with traditional herbal medicine and nutritional foundations, Tiina combines this with the latest understanding of the miraculous human body to create a 'whole person' treatment, specifically designed for you.
Passionate about treating the very complex, chronic conditions, she loves to be told "you're my last hope" because she has seen first hand the completely amazing recoveries and health gains that people are able to make, when they dedicate themselves to becoming well again. Her comprehensive knowledge base and continuous training allows for a broad range of factors to be considered.
"We are very complex and multi faceted beings, but everything in and about us, is inextricably connected in this beautiful web that is 'you'."
Having founded a business such as Saltuary, whilst parenting 2 very young children gave Tiina a deep appreciation of stress and the need to support our bodies through this. This is an area of treatment she is very passionate about. Other areas she relishes working with include:
- Detoxification, aiming to ultimately make this a daily part of your life
- New parents, and getting them firing on all cylinders
- Those feeling fatigued, tired and generally a bit 'blah'
- Immune challenges
- Those seeking to optimise their health and longevity in this amazing life
- Cardiovascular concerns
- All digestive troubles
- Hormonal imbalances for men, women and teens
- Skin health (always an inside job folks!)
- Mental health, an area she's formidably passionate about
- Structural and skeletal problems
- Chronic pain
- Fat loss
- Rewiring a new language to your genes, different to what may have been before you, helping you to live an amazing life (the constantly emerging area of 'epigenetics')
Tiina's comprehensive training includes:
- Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy) - University of New England
- Advanced Diplomas in Naturopathy, Homeopathy, Western Herbal Medicine, Nutrition - ACNT
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice - Institute of Functional Medicine, USA
- International Congress on Natural Medicine
- 2015 (Digestive health)
- 2016 (Cardiometabolic Conditions)
- 2017 (Microbiome)
- MINDD Forums 2015, 2016, 2017 (mindd.org) - Focused on optimising genetic health with regards to special needs, mental health, physical needs
- Numerous smaller seminars on topics including Adrenal Fatigue, Methylation, Cardiovascular Conditions, Digestive Disorders, Fatigue, Chronic Pain, Inflammation, Nutrigenomics, Organic Acids Testing, Diabetes, Blood Sugar Imbalances, Metabolic Syndrome, loads of Herbal Medicine and Nutritional seminars, Australian Bush Flower Essences, Bach Flower Essences, and many, many more...
She is a Professional Member of ATMS (Australian Traditional Medicine Association), a Member of AIMA (Australian Integrative Medicine Association) and a Member of The Institute of Functional Medicine.
Prior to your initial consultation with Tiina, you will be given paperwork to complete. This allows you to begin the process of getting all your health concerns onto paper - a very beneficial mental dump! This must be brought along to your consultation.
Please allow at least an hour for your initial consultation as you comprehensively work through understanding your history together. If you have any recent / relevant health or blood tests, please ensure you bring them along with you.
You can expect to be treated with the foundation that food and your lifestyle really is your ultimate medicine. This is generally coupled with herbal medicines to support your wellness needs, as well as nutritional supplements where they are needed.
Depending on your health concern/s, follow up consultations are usually scheduled every 2 to 4 weeks after your initial consultation as a way to touch base and monitor your progress.
Tiina is available Thursdays and Saturdays for consultations, and is covered by private health funds. She dedicates the remainder of the week to herself, her family and friends and to immersing herself in reading all about health, connecting the web that is 'us' more and more deeply every single day.
“Naturopathy to me, is synergistic with the very idea of life itself. Life is all about ebb and flow, as is the health of our body, mind and spirit throughout life. Different stages of life, coupled with different states of health, emotions, experiences and other lifestyle decisions all merge to create our ‘whole’ being. A being, whose chemistry can change from moment to moment.
In my naturopathic consults, I take you – the whole & unique you – into account. I listen to your story, your history, your goals and your dreams. I look and listen for symptoms - this is how your body communicates with us.
Ultimately you are, without a doubt, your own healer – I am merely the facilitator - there to support, guide, educate and inspire you. Nothing fills me with more gratitude than seeing one of my clients 'fly off into the sunset' so to speak, having achieved their health goals. I will admit to being just as deeply grateful when those clients return again, after reaching some other fork in the road of the their journey, and choosing me to help guide them with their health care once more.. ”