Don’t skip a beat!
February is Heart Awareness month. Here at Saltuary, we know that a healthy heart is the key to a healthy life!
At Saltuary, our range of holistic treatments can assist with heart disease prevention and maintaining a healthy heart. Massage, Acupuncture and Float are highly beneficial for stress reduction and deep relaxation, lowering your risk of developing heart disease and other health problems.
Naturopathy and Chiropractic also significantly lower stress, as well as targeting specific health concerns that may be risk factors for heart disease (e.g. weight or diet issues). Book a consultation at Saltuary and we will guide you with your dietary and lifestyle needs.
In the meantime, here are some interesting facts about the heart:
- The human heart beats an average of 72 times a minute.
- The size of your heart is about the same size as two fists (or one for a child).
- The heart pumps around 1 million barrels of blood during an average lifetime, which is enough to fill more than 3 super tankers!
- The heart has its own electrical impulse, so it can continue to beat even when it’s separated from the body, as long as it has a good oxygen supply!
- Coronary heart disease is the single leading cause of death in Australia, claiming a staggering 54 Australians each day or one Australian every 27 minutes.
- Middle-aged men generally have a higher risk than women of developing heart disease. The risk rises as they get older; however women then begin to overtake men in risk, due to hormonal changes after menopause.
- An unhealthy diet, stress and lack of exercise can raise your risk of heart disease.
- Stress can trigger your arteries to narrow. This can raise your blood pressure and your risk for a heart attack.