Salt is vital to life – without it, we would not survive. Unfortunately, in recent decades, salt has been branded as somewhat evil and this is not necessarily so..
There are many different types of salt. The most important thing to know is that they are not all equal – some promote health, others don’t.
opera mini apk for android
Your average commercial table salt is a refined, processed product that contains added chemicals. We’ve all heard about trying to limit processed foods, and the same goes for refined, easy to pour, average table salt. This type of salt has been chemically cleaned and exposed to extremely high temperatures during processing.
Your average table salt, cheaply available everywhere these days, is approximately 97.5% sodium chloride and 2.5% chemicals such as anti-caking agents. Anti-caking agents are added to ensure it flows and pours beautifully for us mere humans, but they just don’t quite sound natural right? This type of salt has very, very little in common with the salt that nature intended for us and our bodies.
Also widely available is sea salt. There are many and various brands and sources of this one. This is definitely better than the above kind, but is still not superior. Sea salt is at the mercy of the oceans and the pollution it contains – eg mercury. Some sea salts are now refined because of this.
In the early days of our evolution, sea salt would have been a lot better for us, but as our chemical production and exposure has increased, the health promoting quality of this type of salt has decreased.
Definitely the king of salts is Himalayan salt. It originates from dried up ancient sea beds which froze over millions of years ago. Many refer to this as the ‘primal ocean’ or the ‘primal sea’. Millions of years ago there were no man made chemicals, leaving the salt from the Himalayas pure and uncontaminated, rightly deserving of it’s superior status amongst salts.
Himalayan salt is approximately 85% sodium chloride, similar to other salts, BUT there is a vast difference in what the remaining 15% contains. Himalayan salt contains 84 trace minerals in its crystalline structure. The human body NEEDS these minerals, making Himalayan salt a health-promoting salt! See, it doesn’t deserve to be branded evil! Himalayan salt even provides a natural source of iodine, rather than being ‘added’ to it after processing.
This type of health promoting salt is absolutely essential for our bodies and is required for body processes including digestion, metabolism, nervous system functioning and more.
Himalayan salt is widely available. You’ll generally find it in health food shops, some supermarkets, it’s widely available on the net, etc.
Go out and get some for your body today!